aqbanking/OFXDirectConnect info

Phil Frost indigo at bitglue.com
Sun Jan 23 18:26:27 EST 2011

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 06:08:44PM -0500, Paul Abrahams wrote:
> I'm having some trouble in getting online banking to work for some sites
> (American Express credit cards in particular).  There's a wiki section on
> "Setting up OFXDirectConnect in GnuCash2" which I've looked at closely, but it
> doesn't explain a number of the fields [...]
>
> So my question is this: is there a good source of information on aqbanking
> beyond this wiki [...]

Pretty much no. There are some other ofx info sites that you will find
with google, but they all suffer from the same problems.

I can tell you amex cards do work, and having set one up recently, I do
believe all the information you need is on the gnucash wiki. If the
field is in the aqbanking setup but not on the wiki, either it doesn't
matter and you can leave it blank, or it's a descriptive field that is
required but can be anything (the wizard will tell you what's required).

If you still can't get it to work, I may be able to assist. It's always
handy to have the configuration files from ~/.aqbanking (sanitize them
of your account numbers first) for troubleshooting.

When you do get it to work, please feel free to update the wiki with
whatever information you think will make it easier for the next person.