Help

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Jan 26 10:57:42 EST 2011

On Wednesday 26 January 2011 01:30:04 Roger Connor wrote:
> When opening gnucash I get a pop-up that I haven't gotten before.  It says
> "open account options and turn off place holder check-box".  I can't find

Hi,

Sounds like you have a tab which is auto-opening (or a scheduled transaction
auto-running), which shows an account that you have designated as a
placeholder-only account (ie you can't add transactions to it).

If you can identify the account in question, go to the account-tree view,
select the account and hit "Edit" in the tool bar, or right-click on the
account and chose "edit account", the placeholder check-box is on that
dialogue box.

Or close the tab, or amend the SX to use a different account!

HTH,
Maf.