Earmark fixed percentage of income for charity

Aryeh Leib Taurog AryehLeib at AryehLeib.com
Mon Jan 31 17:43:53 EST 2011

Michael DeBusk wrote:
> "Aryeh Leib Taurog" <vim at aryehleib.com> wrote:
>
>> This is important.  Since both my wife and I are self employed,
>> it's sometimes hard to predict what next month's income will be;
>> if we wait until the end of the year to make the donations, we
>> might not be able to cover them!
>
> If I wanted to accomplish what you're asking, I would open a
> savings account and move ten per cent of every deposit into it. I'd
> always know what was available and I would not be able to spend it
> by "accident." Plus I'd earn a bit of interest on it.

I have friends who do this, and I've contemplated it on several
occasions.  The problem is that where I live, bank fees are high and
regular accounts don't earn interest.

Regards,
Aryeh Leib