Quicken for Windows data

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Tue Jul 5 10:20:33 EDT 2011

Hi,

Please be sure to CC the list on all your replies using your mailer's
reply-to-list or reply-all functionality.

I've CC'd gnucash-user on this message for you.

On Tue, July 5, 2011 8:57 am, Godfrey Chasmer wrote:
> Derek thanks
>
> I see that my version of Quicken does have an export to QIF facility.
> So you are saying that I can import in Gnucash via this facility.   The
> current data is in three currencies.  Will the numbers imported keep
> their currency definition or will this be lost?

Yes, GnuCash can import QIF.
For multiple currencies, however, I think you're better off exporting into
multiple QIF files because the GnuCash importer does not know how to
interpret a multi-currency QIF file.  So honestly I don't know how that
would work.  Maybe someone else on the list has better ideas (which is why
you should always CC the list).

> Kind regards
>
> Godfrey Chasmer
>
> T+44 (0)7888 399528
>
> Egchasmer at btopenworld.com

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745