Canadian stock price quotes

Ralph Bloch ralph.bloch at cogeco.ca
Tue Jul 5 12:19:28 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am a new GnuCash user, migrating from Microsoft Money via Quicken. Getting
started was not too difficult. I am now left with a little, never the less,
irksome problem I live in Canada and most, but not all, of my investments
are Canadian. Their prices all come up nicely. I did have to jiggle a bit
between the various price sources. But one escapes me: "TD" (Toronto
Dominion Bank). Only one of the Canadian sources will return it:
BMO.NesbittBurns. But it, lke YahooUS gives the quote in USD (appropriately
converted) instead of CAD. You would think that one should be able to get a
CAD quote for a major Canadian bank? I have tried "TD", "TSX:TD" and
"TD.TO". None worked. Maybe I don't understand the stock symbol terminology.
Can somebody help me?

papaworx