Error installing 2.4.7 msg

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed Jul 6 12:47:59 EDT 2011

On woensdag 6 juli 2011, Steve Juniper wrote:
> I tried disabling my antivirus (Avira), making sure nothing else was
> running I could see, then trying to reinstall again. Same problem but,
> as before, with a different C:\ line, with the message:
>
> C:\Program
> files\gnucash\etc\gconf\Schemas\desktop_gnome_peripherals_keyboard.schemas
>
> An error occurred while trying to rename file in the distination
> directory: The process cannot access this file because it is being
> used by another process. ABORT, RETRY, IGNORE. I aborted.
>
> Because I removed GC 2.4.3 I now have no access to my business
> accounting. What can I do? Should  try to reinstall 2.4.3?
>
> Steve Juniper
>
>         "If elections were effective, they would be illegal."
>                        -- anti-war activist Phil Berrigan --

This is surely a very strange problem. As far as I know there has been no
change in the installer code between 2.4.3 and 2.4.7 so if the former worked,
the latter should work as well.

Can you try to delete the complete gnucash program directory:
C:\Program files\gnucash

And try to install 2.4.7 again.

If that fails, you can try if any of the older versions can be installed
starting from 2.4.6 back to 2.4.3. And then please file a bug report with your
findings.

Geert