gnucash strategy after international move

Christoff Erasmus zs6jce at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 03:29:55 EDT 2011

Hello Cardens,

I would recommend that:

1) You finalise your previous set of books, and then
2) Translate the closing balances (Assets and Liabilities) from the previous
currency to your current currency, then
3) Start a new set of books, with the Opening Balances per step 2 above.

Please note:
You should probalily use your previous accounting tree for easy transition,
but remember that the accounting tree is (and should be)  flexible to your
needs.

Hope your enjoying your new country.

Regards,
Christoff Erasmus