gnucash strategy after international move

H. Carders h2carders2 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 22:43:27 EDT 2011

I searched through the list archives and the wiki but I could not locate any
useful discussion on this.

I have been using gnucash for 6 years and I just made a permanent move to a
new country with a new currency.  I have created new accounts in gnucash for
bank accounts and cash in the new currency but I am wondering about the
wisdom of this.  Essentially, I will need to create a duplicate set of
accounts for all accounts in the new currency, ie all expense and asset
accounts etc.  I figure this could create some problems down the road with
entry errors. So, my question is, How would you work with gnucash after
doing such a move?  Would you:

1) create a whole new set of accounts in the new currency?
2) start a brand new set of books in the new currency?
3) use some other technique to make this a less painful process?

Any help would be appreciated, including pointers to similar discussions
that I may have missed.

H.C.