mysql server has an error, broken or wrong data.

Zhang Weiwu, Beijing zhangweiwu at realss.com
Sat Jul 9 08:55:22 EDT 2011

On 07/09/2011 08:28 PM, Geert Janssens wrote:
> I was just informing you that it does work on other systems.

Of 2.4.7 on other systems, here is my findings:

Windows 2000 fail with an DLL error, google says it's because it assumed
Windows_XP's DLL file.

Windows XP doesn't offer postgresql "save-as" option. If anyone has
postgresql on XP please kindly offer hints like what other tool you have
installed before installing gnucash 2.4.7.

MacOS: before I try to install, I read the "ReadMe" file. The first line
of 2.4.7's read me file reads "MacOSX/2.4.6/Readme" which must be a
mistake. Readme says:

      * The only libdbi module included is for SQLite. If you need either
        the MySQL or Postgresql modules, you will have to build them
        yourself and install them into
        Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/lib/dbd. For instructions, see
        MacOSX/Quartz.

Linux: no binary offered for any Linux distribution (at least I didn't
find any), compile from source not an option for luser like me :-)

Can anyone who worked with posgresql come up and hint about what OS
distribution you used? Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards
Zhang Weiwu