Asset Values in Chart of Accounts

Mike C. subscribe307 at verizon.net
Thu Jul 14 16:56:48 EDT 2011

I have a number of individual bonds in separate accounts and some of
them list the value in the chart of accounts and some don't and I can't
figure out any difference in the way they are entered.  They are entered
as mutual funds with no price update.  The Security/Currency is
generally set to the name of the bond since prices are not updated.
Some of the bonds show the price as the amount originally paid but
others show no value.  I am using version 2.4.5 on Windows XP.  In all
cases I have entered the purchase in the past and the sale at the
correct time in the future when the bond matures.  All the interest
payments are scheduled transactions.
Does anyone have any idea why the value is not shown for all bond?:-\
I would like to have the values so that the present column in the chart
of accounts shows the correct total assets.
Mike