Fwd: Importing QIF files

Rennie Stark rennie1234 at cox.net
Fri Jul 15 02:34:46 EDT 2011

Dear David,

Thank you so much for your advice.  As you can tell, I am not an
accountant either.

I think I am figuring all this out.  I have transferred (successfully)
all of my credit card data.  Everything is tying together beautifully.
I even appreciate that this program doesn't go "ka-ching" every time I
enter a transaction.  The silence is wonderful.

I did find out that when you pay your credit card bill, you must
"transfer" the money from your checking account into the particular
credit card account in order to have the software track correctly.  I'm
sure 99.9% of those reading this message already know this - but I
didn't.  The program kept making double entries until I figured this out.

I feel much better now with this software.  It seems MUCH more friendly
than Quicken ever was.  And it is quite easy to download Quicken OFX
data and then GnuCash let's me choose to import that particular file.
It worked great for both VISA and Discover Card.

Hopefully, I won't be bothering you again very soon.  Thank you SO MUCH!!!

Rennie