Question regarding investment quotes

Kradak Thomas cthomas at kradak.com
Wed Jul 20 11:53:55 EDT 2011

I have been trying to clean up my gnucash accounts (doing my semi-annual
finances) and have some questions about securities and price quote updates

1.       I have set my securities to get online quotes (Tools.Security
Editor.Edit Security.Get Online Quotes). Not all of my securities will get
regular quotes (I have it set to use Yahoo USA for NYSE, NASDAQ, etc.
securities). Is this a feature or a bug?

2.       More importantly, for those securities that retrieve quotes,
entries appear in the security ledgers for "price as of date based on
closing price" with transfer to/from my Imbalance-USD ledger.

a.       The imbalance ledger lists a withdrawal in this amount (the price
of one share). This seems stupid to me-I didn't buy or sell anything.

b.      Is there a better transfer account to have these price checks
logged?

Thanks

Kradak

Gnucash Windows (v2.4.5)

"I am not a programmer, nor am I an accounting person. I use gnucash because
I don't like Quicken, Money and the like always asking me for more money."