Opening Balances

Marc Opie marc.gw.opie at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 21:14:55 EDT 2011

I have an account, a credit card account, which I'm trying to reconcile. The
account register shows an opening entry of $1,000, and a second entry, a
$1,000 payment. The balance is zero.

When I try to reconcile, it says the starting balance is $600, and the
closing balance is zero. I have no idea why the starting balance is $600.

I've tried opening a new credit card account, with an opening balance of $0,
and then deleting the original one, and transfering all the transactions
into the new one. The new one has the same problem.