problem: autocompletion of account names

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz gnucash4 at numerixtechnology.de
Thu Jun 2 07:38:36 EDT 2011

I recently upgraded to Debian Squeeze, which upgraded GnuCash to 2.2.9
r17949M. (Prior to that I was running 2.2.6 or possibly 2.2.9.)

Since the upgrade, I noticed that autocompletion of account names is
not fully working:

My separator character is ".".
Example: Assets.T.Bank.Current.Barclays
(Assets.T.Bank.Current all 4 accounts are place holders)

Previously, I would type
A -> Assets
.
T -> Assets.T
.
B -> Assets.T.Bank
.
C -> Assets.T.Bank.Current
.
B -> Assets.T.Bank.Current.Barclays (1st a/c under Current)

With the new version, autocomplation works for a couple of separators,
then it jumps to the first account that fits and interprets the "." as
part of the account name:

A -> Assets
.
T -> T
.
B -> Bank
. -> Assets.T.Bank.Current.Barclays.

Note the "." added after "Barlays".

This sounds a bit similar to :
http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/Recent-problem-typing-separator-char-ignored-td1567990.html

Has this issue been resolved? It is really annoying when you have loads
of deeply nested accounts.
--

Best Regards,
Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz