problem: autocompletion of account names

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Fri Jun 3 04:01:37 EDT 2011

On donderdag 2 juni 2011, Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz wrote:
> I recently upgraded to Debian Squeeze, which upgraded GnuCash to 2.2.9
> r17949M. (Prior to that I was running 2.2.6 or possibly 2.2.9.)
>
> Since the upgrade, I noticed that autocompletion of account names is
> not fully working:
>
> My separator character is ".".
> Example: Assets.T.Bank.Current.Barclays
> (Assets.T.Bank.Current all 4 accounts are place holders)
>
> Previously, I would type
> A -> Assets
> .
> T -> Assets.T
> .
> B -> Assets.T.Bank
> .
> C -> Assets.T.Bank.Current
> .
> B -> Assets.T.Bank.Current.Barclays (1st a/c under Current)
>
> With the new version, autocomplation works for a couple of separators,
> then it jumps to the first account that fits and interprets the "." as
> part of the account name:
>
> A -> Assets
> .
> T -> T
> .
> B -> Bank
> . -> Assets.T.Bank.Current.Barclays.
>

> Note the "." added after "Barlays".
>

> This sounds a bit similar to :
> http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/Recent-problem-typing-separator-char-i
> gnored-td1567990.html
>

> Has this issue been resolved? It is really annoying when you have loads
> of deeply nested accounts.

I'm not sure. I have seen this on occasion as well in the past both on
Mandriva and on Fedora. Recently a bug got fixed [1] that I think may have
been the cause of this problem, but that bug got fixed on 2.4.6. So to test
it, you will have to upgrade to a more recent version.

Geert

[1] refer to these changesets:
http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/20689 (trunk)
http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/20697 (2.4)