Style sheet images and invoice post date problems

Axel Essbaum axelessbaum at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 12:58:52 EDT 2011

On Jun 6, 2011, at 18:39, Axel Essbaum wrote:

> 2) What is the expected behavior of posting an invoice regarding the post date?
>
> Should it always be set to the current date when the "Post" button is pressed?  I see that many of the invoices I've posted since going to 2.4.5 have a Date Posted much earlier than they should.  Many have a Date Posted matching the first date listed in the invoice entries, but some have a date of a later invoice entry.  Few have the correct Date Posted.  I can't reproduce this problem with a new invoice - it's using today's date for the Date Posted - but maybe if I leave that invoice open until tomorrow it will stay stuck on today's date (June 6) even though I post it on June 7...?

Some more experimentation suggests that the Post date is by default set to the date of the "next" invoice entry (meaning, the unfinished one at the bottom of the entry list).

I think what's been happening is I add a new entry to an invoice (which inherits the date of the previous entry) and hit <enter>, then I go back and change the date of that entry to the correct date, but the "next" entry has already inherited the date of the previous entry.  And this old date keeps getting propagated forward down the entry list and ends up as my Date Posted.

Has something changed since 2.2.9 in the way entry dates are propagated forward?  Did the "next" entry used to default to <today>, instead of the date of the previous entry?  I never had this problem in 2.2.9, so I'm wondering what happened...

--
Axel Essbaum
axelessbaum at gmail.com