Tracking reimbursements for group members

Evan Moses emoses at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 22:11:16 EDT 2011

Hi all,
   I'm running the books for a small group, where we're all paying in a fee,
and then spending that money on items for the group.  A lot of the time, I
expect that individual members will be making purchases, and then getting
reimbursements from the group fund.  How exactly should I track that?  What
I have so far is the checking account that holds the group's funds as an
Asset, and each of the members as an Income account, so I can track what
they've paid in.

 So, what happens when one of them spends some money and gets reimbursed?
 Do I credit an Expense account, and debit the member, and then debit the
cash account and credit the member (on their income account) when I
reimburse them?  Is that the right way to do it?  Thanks.

--
Evan
emoses at gmail.com