Difficulties

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Jun 7 11:42:36 EDT 2011

On dinsdag 31 mei 2011, DAN CHARBONNEAU wrote:
> I downloaded GNUCASH and have set up but there is no Account Tree Window or
> Account Register Window, only a Read Only window. I've downloaded the
> program twice but still doesn't operate. What's up?
>

> Dan Charbonneau
devel. Please send any follow ups to that list.

As for your question, it's a little vague so we'll need some more information
before we can help.

On what platform are you working (Windows/Mac/Linux) and what version of
GnuCash did you install ?

If you say "I have set up", I suppose you mean you have installed the program
by running the setup program ?

When you first started GnuCash, what happened ? Did you enter any information
?

And regarding the read-only window, is there perhaps a second window hidden
behind this one ? You can test this by minimizing the read-only window you
refer to. It sometimes happens that the window order is wrong and the hidden
window is actually requiring input and hence setting the front-most window to
read-only.

Geert