Calculating Simple Daily Interest?

jldugger at gmail.com jldugger at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 21:30:04 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 8:13 PM, Robin Chattopadhyay
<robinraymn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Part of the challenge I have found with this situation is that the
> principal/interest split depends on when the DOED posts your payment. So,
> even if your payment (like mine) is auto-debited on the 28th (or whatever)
> of the month, if the 28th falls on a weekend date, the payment is not posted
> until the next business day. This increases the number of days since the
> prior payment.

The newer versions of GNUCash (in Ubuntu anyways) offer an option to
adjust transaction dates to business days, but what we're really
missing here is some variable to represent days since the last
scheduled payment. I've not read the source code (and I'm scheme
illiterate) but perhaps the 80 percent solution here is just a flag
indicating the last time it ran.

In fact, I almost wonder if it's not being kept already, since it has
to know whether it's generated the transaction or not yet...

Justin