Reconcile issues

Gregory Forster fgreg74 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 15:37:02 EDT 2011

On 6/21/2011 1:49 PM, Maf King wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 Jun 2011 18:09:53 Mike White wrote:
>> The search page seems to be wonked up and I can't use it so I apologize
>> for not searching before posting this issue I'm having. When I reconcile
>> an account I'm able to with no real problems. The issue I have is that
>> when the reconcile window pops up there are transactions listed that are
>> already reconciled, some from three years ago or more. I ignore them and
>> reconcile the account. Does anyone know why this happens, and is there a
>> way to stop it? I'm using v2.4.6, but this has happened for every
>> version I've used.
> Hi Mike,
>
> Probably stating the obvious here - but don't have a clue otherwise - are they
> duplicate transactions, so that you have one which is reconciled and a non-
> reconciled duplicate?
>
> What do you see in the account register for one of the offending txns?
>
> Maf.

I've had something similar to me with 2.4.5.  I had where a previous
transaction that was reconciled years ago, suddenly became
unreconciled.  The beginning balance was off of course by that amount.
I just marked the transaction as reconciled which allowed me to
reconcile.  It was goofy, but I was still able to reconcile without any
big problem.  I still would like to be able to print out a list of
uncleared withdrawals and uncleared deposits, as well as a summary
reconciliation  report.

Greg