Multiple Currency

uncas uncasbaldor at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 10:20:54 EDT 2011

I threw in the towel

I have a special situation and I don't know how to address it in GNUCash.  I
have a salary that's in one currency but indexed to another.  Example:

I receive the income in pounds but it's indexed to dollars.  So every 15
days, I get X ammount of pounds based on the currency exchange value.  I
tried to do a schedule transaction in gnucash v 2.2.9.  I have an account
named Salary:Company Name which is in dollars and an Asset:Bank name
account.

I get discounts on my check, which I never receive (taxes) which are in
pounds.  So what I try to do is transfer the dollars to pounds and split the
transaction.

It doesn't work it gets all mixed up.  Any ideas?