Anyone successfully imported from Money 2000?

risterian en9e-60hk at dea.spamcon.org
Thu Jun 23 03:26:10 EDT 2011

I've been wanting to try GnuCash for a long time, finally tried
V2.4.5 a few weeks ago (on Windows XP - will move to Linux
eventually).  But I wasn't successful in attempting to import
from Money 2000.

I found that an important aspect is left out of the GnuCash FAQ
entry on Money: if you have closed any accounts in Money, they
will NOT show up as available for export.  Thus when I was done,
things were way off (though there could be other problems).

So, I have reopened all my closed accounts, but before I again
spend many tedious hours exporting and importing, I would like to
know if it's worth it - has anyone successfully done it, and if
so, any other tricks that aren't in the FAQ?

I noticed that there seems to be no exporting from Money
available for Loans.  Won't that throw off the import into
GnuCash?

Once set up, can GnuCash show the "total return" on each stock?
That is, if dividends (cash or reinvested) are manually entered
as received, can it show the total return (original cost vs.
current market value plus dividends) like Money?