GNU Cash installation issue

Leslie Radke rlradke5 at att.net
Wed Mar 2 00:34:25 EST 2011

Hi Geert,

See answers to output questions below.

Also today, strange thing was that GnuCash failed to open my account file on my laptop. My master accounting file is kept on our home desktop, but I have kept a copy on my laptop to refer to (or use at times if someone is busy working at the desktop when I want to do accounting). The GnuCash program has always worked without problem on my laptop. So I don't know what gives tonight. The last thing I did on that computer related to GnuCash was to run the test you asked me to run yesterday (gconftool-2.exe --all-dirs /apps) which gave the desired output. (I received your email at work and so just ran the test on my laptop to see what would happen.) Tonight the program opened with no file loaded. And when I navigated to it, it still wouldn't open. I'll reboot the computer in the morning and see if that solves the problem.

Thanks,

Ron