Account List Column Headings

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Mar 3 09:50:43 EST 2011

"Colin Scott" <gnucash at double-bars.net> writes:

> At present, the "Balance" and "Total" balance on the top-level account
> in the Accounts tab show the same values.  I would rather have
> expected the one to be the content of the top-level account - ie, the
> non-summed column, and the other (the "Total" column) to represent the
> recursive sum.  At present I don't see what the Total column is for.

I think you're right that the "Balance" and "Total" columns should
probably be different.  It would probably have helped if there were some
documentation about what the columns are SUPPOSED to do, and then we can
make sure that the columns do that.

Colin, are you willing to write up some documentation about what each
column is supposed to do?  I think this would be a great addition to the
docs.  Then we can make sure the code agrees and implements that.  We
should open a bug for this, IMHO.