Tech question

Alan Schold aschold at q.com
Fri Mar 4 13:13:35 EST 2011

I wonder if someone could take a moment to help me with a problem I'm
having downloading equity prices.

When I go to Price Editor and click Get Quotes the Command Box briefly
appears with a prompt, but then the entire GnuCash program shuts down.
This happens both on my desktop running Windows 7 and my laptop running
Windows XP. On the laptop I do get a box warning me that a .bin file has
had a problem and GnuCash needs to shut down.

I have followed the directions about downloading and installing the Perl
module Finance::Quote and the 'perldoc Finance::Quote' command brings up
documentation so installation seems to be OK. I find gnc-fq-dump in the
directory, but it is a file to read not a test program as referenced in
the help file.

What have I done wrong? Thanks for the help...

Alan Schold