Tech question

David Halverson hellvee at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 16:54:04 EST 2011

Alan, What version of Perl did you install ?  Check the docs but the version
I'm running is 5.10.1 - there were gnucash issues when I just downloaded and
installed the latest version.

See the posting from David T (extract below)  which summarises the issue at
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2011-February/038586.html

Cheers Dave H.

Since you're on Windows, try looking at:

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Windows#Finance::Quote

It explains what needs to be done to install Finance::Quote on your machine.
Basically:

1) Install ActivePerl 5.8 or 5.10 (Do NOT install Active Perl 5.12)
2) Use the start menu item "Install Online Price Retrieval" from the GnuCash
group to install the necessary Perl modules and verify the setup.