MacOS cannot save settings

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Mar 9 23:11:39 EST 2011

On Mar 9, 2011, at 12:22 PM, Michael wrote:

> Hi,
> As I read the contents of the "path"-file, it searches for a default file, if it cant find the user's settings file.
> But as i can see, there is no /opt/gnucash-2.3.x directory.
>
> What can I do?

That's really bizarre. Gnucash hasn't used /opt/gnucash-2.3.x since 2.3.8, over a year ago, and I don't think that GConf has used .gconf.path in quite a while, either.  The 2.4.3 I just launched didn't seem to need either (meaning that I deleted the ancient remnants of both and launched Gnucash-2.4.3 and it started up with the last accounts file I had had open and appeared to have my preferences set correctly. When I quit Gnucash, neither ~/.gconf.path and /opt existed.

Try deleting .gconf.path