How to Modify a Reconciled Txn?

Colin Scott gnucash at double-bars.net
Thu Mar 10 19:41:00 EST 2011

> I cannot for the life of me figure out how to modify a reconciled
> txn. I'm trying to add my bank's confirmation number (alphanumeric)
> to the NOTES field. I'm not changing amounts or dates.

If you open the account register, and click on the "y" that says a split has been reconciled, it will permit you to unreconcile the split, and the "y" gets replaced by an "n".  You can then make the relevant changes, and when you have done so reset the "r" flag by clicking on the "n".

You need to be *very* aware of what you are doing, though - it's OK to change descriptions, numbers, that sort of thing, but (as I think you realise!) if you mess with the account name or split value then you can potentially cause yourself horrible problems with future reconciliations.

Colin