Question Regarding Reconciling Deposits

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Fri Mar 11 11:56:47 EST 2011

Other than date, is there anyway to indicate in gnucash and on the
reconciliation screen which entries go with which deposit slip?

For example, I make 2 deposits in one day - the first has 9 checks for a
total of $150 and the second has 14 checks for a total of $375. The second
deposit was late in the day, so it was credited to the next day or perhaps
the next month's statement. When I get my statement from the bank at the end
of the month, I see 1 deposits on one day - $150. In the reconciliation
screen, I see 23 deposits on one day, one for each check. It takes a little
time to sort out which ones have cleared and which ones have not.

At the moment, I am keeping a sheet of paper with notes on it to keep track
of which deposit went on which deposit slip. Can't gnucash do this for me?

Thanks,

Mark