Gnucash 2.2.9 crash

Étienne Rivest etiennerivest at yahoo.ca
Fri Mar 18 16:04:56 EDT 2011

Hi everybody,

Recently, I setup the display to have the tabs on the left side instead
of top of main window.

If I open many accounts, 22 tabs, the last one, at the bottom, shows
badly with an horizontal line in the middle.  Then, if I open a 23rd
tab, the program crashes instantly.

I get a system message (window title is Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
library) saying "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate
in an unusual way.  Please, contact the application's support team for
more information."

Here a cut/paste of the trace file :
*   WARN <qof.engine> [guid_init()] only got 2645 bytes.
The identifiers might not be very random.
*   WARN <gnc.app-util> Could not spawn perl: L'exécution du processus
fils a échoué (No such file or directory)
*   WARN <Gdk> gdkpixmap-win32.c:302: CreateDIBSection failed: Opération
réussie.
*   WARN <Gdk> gdkpixmap-win32.c:114: DeleteObject failed: Opération
réussie.
-----
Note, I use a French translation.
In the third line, I would freely translate "L'exécution du processus
fils a échoué" by "Child process execution failed".
In the last two lines, you can understand "Opération réussie" as meaning
"Operation succeeded".

I use GC 2.2.9 on a Windows Vista family French OS laptop computer with
a screen resolution of 1280x800 so the tab list doesn't fill the
complete height of the screen.

Any comment ?

Many thanks

Étienne