OFX/QFX Import

Robin Chattopadhyay robinraymn at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 22:12:02 EDT 2011

Hi-

GC 2.4.0/Windows 7

I'm having a problem with importing QFX files. My wife and I both work for
the same employer and consequently the same 401k provider and investment
options

I downloaded from their website QFX files for each of us. When I imported MY
file and worked through the Generic Import Transaction Manager, I associated
all of the commodities and accounts and imported all the transactions
without a problem.

However, when I tried to import my wife's transactions, the import
transaction manager tries to match all of the transactions to MY accounts.
I'm not presented the opportunity to associate *her* file with *her*
accounts/commodities. Is there something in the headers of the QFX file that
makes gnucash think these files are actually both for the same accounts?

I've attached the trace file.

Thanks,
Robin