Will there be automatic Upgrade to 2.4.* in Ubuntu 10.10?

WasserLand dwass at optusnet.com.au
Mon Mar 21 22:58:24 EDT 2011

I am running 2.2.9 in Ubuntu 10.10.

Couple of questions please:

1. I found the "Hide Account" procedure.  But I can't find the
"Unhide".  Where does it hide?
2. I tried, unsuccessfully to manually build the new version 2.4.4.
When will it appear Ubuntu Applications?  And will it automatically
offer the Upgrade via Update manager eventually.?

(I have just completed the transition from Quicken 2011 to GnuCash.
Hooray!  It took a week of concentrated effort. Am most impressed with
GnuCash.  And have finally been released from the clutches of Quicken -
after 10 years of expensive annual updating.)

David W