Placeholder

Yawar Amin yawar.amin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 20:40:26 EDT 2011

Hi Clarence,

On 2011-03-26, at 19:31, Clarence Freestone wrote:

> My gnucash data always opens in read only and I receive a message that I must go to account options and uncheck the placeholder. I can't find it.

The help documentation has some info on this: go to [1] and skim through the information there on the General tab of the account properties dialog box. Specifically, you want to look at [2], which tells you what a placeholder account is and how to set an account as a placeholder account or not. Note that to access the account properties dialog box, you have to click on the account in the Accounts tab and then click Edit > Edit Account, as per [3].

Hope this helps,

Yawar

P.S. I’m Cc’ing this to the GnuCash user mailing list as that is a public forum where users can help each other and benefit from everyone’s questions and answers. You can continue this conversation in the mailing list by using your email’s Reply All feature.

[1] http://code.gnucash.org/docs/help/acct-create.html#gen-info
[2] http://code.gnucash.org/docs/help/acct-create.html#accts-placeholder
[3] http://code.gnucash.org/docs/help/acct-edit.html