Changing the HOME folder in 2.4.0

Manfred Usselmann usselmann.m at icg-online.de
Sun May 1 03:49:48 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 06:48:27 -0700 (PDT)
Frustrated <kaszubowski at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.  I'm new to GnuCash and am struggling to figure out (I haven't
> been a working programmer since the 1980s ...) how to redirect these
> dot files to somewhere (anywhere!) other than my User directory.
> I've managed to modify the "environment" file with various new lines,
> but nothing I do seems to make any difference and I'm not familiar
> enough with the way the syntax is described to parse out the right
> line to add.  Help!

Which operating system are you using?

If windows changing the HOME directory inside the command files like
described in the post
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2011-January/038375.html
may be an option.

If it's a unix-like system you could turn .gnucash and .aqbanking into
symbolic links and put the actual directories somewhere else. E.g. on a
server, which would allow you to use the same setup from different
computers.

Manfred

--
Manfred Usselmann <usselmann.m at icg-online.de>