regarding gnucash

Manfred Usselmann usselmann.m at icg-online.de
Tue May 3 04:06:44 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Tue, 3 May 2011 11:54:03 +0530 (IST)
mallikka kalaiselvan <keechil at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> We have started using gnucash in accounts for our business recently,
> we are working on linux platform.  We have started with basic
> accounts, I tried entering the salary account of the employee into
> the expense accounts but couldnt succeed, because the salary account
> comes under the Income basis in the gucash window.

In this case I would assume that you have setup accounts for personal
use, where your salary is indeed income.

If you are going to use GnuCash for your business the first step would
be to setup an account structure suitable for that. You should probalby
seek professional help and assistance from an accountant.

Regards,
Manfred

--
Manfred Usselmann <usselmann.m at icg-online.de>