Posted invoice 'memo' field

Nik gnucash at babel.homelinux.net
Mon May 9 20:53:47 EDT 2011

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your explanation. I had no idea that "Accumulate Splits"
affected the handling of invoice notes and the memo field.

So for the moment, I guess I need to understand the "Accumulate Splits"
option better to determine whether I really want it enabled or not. :o)

I left it checked because:
a) it was enabled by default
b) it sounded like a reasonable thing
c) when I first tried it, it seemed to produce the correct results in
the actual transactions (or at least, did not generate incorrect
results). :o)

Thanks again for the explanation :o)

Sadly, I can't yet understand how your suggestion would work - but on
first reading, it seems that I would lose the feature I really want -
which is that information I enter when I create an invoice is visible in
the A/R once the invoice has been posted.

I'll have a play with GnuCash and the various posting options to further
understand this behaviour.

Cheers!
Nik