Posted invoice 'memo' field

Frank H. Ellenberger f.ellenberger at online.de
Mon May 9 06:47:45 EDT 2011

Hi Nik,

Am Freitag, 6. Mai 2011 um 05:42:42 schrieb Nik:
> Q1: Is there a way to enter information into the invoice such as PO
> number that will be visible in the A/R listing once the invoice has been
> posted?

If you do neither enter a description nor check "Accumulate Splits?" the
invoice details appear in your A/R as splits of the transaction. Otherwise
the details are overwritten by the posting invoice description.

Because this is not the first time where I hear about this problem, I think we
should change GnuCashs behavior in the following way:

If "Accumulate Splits?" is unchecked, put the post invoice description in the
memo field of the transaction or in the
A/R split for invoices resp.
A/P split for bills and expense vouchers
instead of the memo fields of all splits.

Further suggestions, e.g. update of the documentation?

Can you file a bug report
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GnuCash with summary "Post
description of invoice/bill/expense voucher should not overwrite the
descriptions of the details" to the bisiness component?

Frank