Transaction Log by date?

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Wed May 11 03:16:49 EDT 2011

On 10 May 2011 22:13, gbguy <ereeder at mailup.net> wrote:
> Is there a way to see the transactions that affect a particular account in
> date order?
>
> Sometime between my last checking account reconciliation and today I must
> have changed an entry that had already been reconciled, but I don't know an
> easy way to find it.  Last month everything reconciled perfectly, but now
> I'm off by a few dollars.

Not answering the question I know, but you can confirm whether it is a
reconciled transaction that has been changed by checking the starting
balance on the popup you get at the start of the reconcile.  If that
differs from the starting balance on the latest statement then you
have changed a reconciled transaction.

The last time I had an issue like this it was not that I had changed a
reconciled transaction but it was a typo in the amount I had entered
in a recent transaction, I had swapped two digits and had checked
everything numerous times before I noticed it.

Colin