GnuCash Tutorial and Help Manuals

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu May 12 13:05:11 EDT 2011

[Note: please keep replies on-list. You can do so by using the "reply all" or
"reply to list" functionality of your mail client]

On donderdag 12 mei 2011, Cale Benton Yates III wrote:
> My apologies. I should have been more specific.
>
> I, like you, have no problem downloading the nightly builds of the
> GnuCash Tutorial and Help manuals. Where I have difficulty is in the
> GnuCash v2.4 (current stable release) section of the GnuCash
> Documentation Project webpage. When I click on either the English Pdf
> link of the Help Manual or the English Pdf link of the Concepts Guide,
> neither document appears on the browser screen to be downloaded.
>
> http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.4/C/gnucash-help.pdf appears in the URL
> box of my Firefox 4.01 browser when I try to download the GnuCash Help
> Manual. When I click on the little icon immediately to the left of the
> URL box, I get the response "This web site does not supply ownership
> information."
>
> http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.4/C/gnucash-guide.pdf appears in the URL
> box of my Firefox 4.01 browser when I try to download the GnuCash
> Concepts Guide. When I click on the little icon immediately to the left
> of the URL box, I get the response "This web site does not supply
> ownership information."

Thank you for the additional information. However if I try to download the
links you give here, I have no problems at all, other than perhaps the
downloads are slow. The help manual takes well over a minute to download, the
concepts guide more than 5.

> If you need the information, Ubuntu Linux 11.04 is the operating system
> I use with my Firefox 4.01 web browser and GnuCash 2.4.2 Build R20253M,
> dated 14 February 2011.

I'm still using Firefox 3.6 on Fedora 14. This gives an estimated download
time in the bottom-right corner of the active window. Doesn't Firefox 4 do
something similar ?

> I hope this information is helpful to you. I would like to add, in the
> little bit of time I have been working with GnuCash 2.4.2, I think this
> program you all have written is nothing short of SUPERB! Please do keep
> up your OUTSTANDING work!

I'm glad you like it and welcome in our community !

Geert