gnc.bin-Message: main: binreloc relocation

Maf King maf at chilwell.net
Fri May 20 05:37:24 EDT 2011

On Friday 20 May 2011 07:21:36 Richard wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I installed GnuCash on Ubuntu 11.04. Started it and did some initiations.
> But I did not install the MySQL feature.
>
> So I uninstalled GnuCash, and installed it with the MySQL feature.
>
> After starting GnuCash, it came with a blank window with the menu grayed
> out.
>
> I uninstalled GnuCash, and removed the ~/.gnucash dir and some other files
> and dirs, I could find with locate.
>
> I installed GnuCash with the MySQL feature, but now it only says:
> gnc.bin-Message: main: binreloc relocation support was disabled at
> configure time
>
> How can I preceed to get it working?

Hi,

Don't worry about the binreloc disabled message, it seems to be a standard
thing (on linux, at least)

Did you install the dbi drivers - I seem to recall that there is both a libdbi
and then a mySQL-dbi connector layer that is needed too.  not sure what they
are called in the ubuntu world of packages, but that might help.

Maf.