funny invoice posting behaviour?

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Wed Nov 2 13:38:10 EDT 2011

Hi,

I had a disk failure recently that, as it worked out, was easier to
fix by resintalling Ubuntu than by recovering the broken RAID.  I was
on 10.04 LTS, but I decided this time to install 11.10.

It appears that Gnucash got updated between these major releases, so
that whereas the old version I had was 2.2.something, I now have
2.4.7.

My old file opened up fine, but I'm having some very surprising
results with invoices.  After 15 or so minutes of Googling, I didn't
turn anything up, so I thought I would ask about whether there is
something that could be wrong.  I also looked at the changelog 2.4.7
to 2.4.8, and I don't see anything that stands out as probably being
the answer to my problem, but I might have missed something.

When I post an invoice, the little "post" icon doesn't go away, and
the "unpost" button doesn't un-grey itself.  The invoice appears no
longer to be editable, however.  Moreover, although the terms are
Net30 and the due date shows up correctly in the window before
posting, when I go looking for posted invoices in the customer report,
nothing shows up.  Finally, the due date that gets printed on the
invoice (posted 1 Nov) is 31 Oct 1969 (I presume this is somehow
related to UNIX epoch, but I don't know of course).

I tried running gnucash directly from a terminal window in order to
see what happened, but nothing changes.  All I get is main:binreloc
relocation support was disabled at configure time, and the notice that
Finace::Quote version 1.17 is found.

Any cluesticks to hit me with?

Thanks,

Andrew Sullivan