General Ledger

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Fri Nov 11 08:04:06 EST 2011

On vrijdag 11 november 2011, John Layman wrote:
> In version 2.4.8, the General Journal Report just produces a helpful
> message: "An error occurred while running the report."

Indeed, there is a bug in the general ledger in the 2.4 series. I fixed this
last week so the next release should work. Unfortunately I don't know when the
new release will be scheduled. We just recently released 2.4.8.

If you need it more urgently, you have a couple of options:
* On Windows, you could try the weekly build of the 2.4 branch [1]. The build
from November 7th already has the fix.
* On linux or OS X, you will have to rebuild yourself I'm afraid or find
someone who can and wants to do it for you.

Geert

[1] http://code.gnucash.org/builds/win32/2.4/