General Ledger

Kevin Reid kpreid at switchb.org
Fri Nov 11 11:31:21 EST 2011

On Nov 11, 2011, at 8:35, John Layman wrote:

> Speaking of General Ledger, the General Ledger tool has a quirk of including
> a phantom transaction for every open register (presumably, the entry line at
> the foot of each register since the phantoms are zero transactions bearing
> today's date.)  It's just a minor annoyance, but if many registers are open
> it results in a lot of slop near the bottom of the ledger.

I'd like to mention another annoyance which could perhaps be fixed in a way related to this:

If I leave GnuCash open, with some registers open, across midnight, then those registers' blank transactions have the date of opening, rather than today's date, which is usually not what I want.

--
Kevin Reid                                  <http://switchb.org/kpreid/>