Trouble With "Enter" vs. "Tab" (Again)

Adam Funk a24061 at ducksburg.com
Tue Nov 15 11:07:32 EST 2011

On 2011-11-14, Ian K wrote:

> I think the 'Are you sure' catch to prevent unbalanced transactions is a
> great idea - I have had numerous frustrating occasions correcting
> transactions, deleting Imbalance-XXX accounts, only to have them reappear
> again next time!

Same here --- I would like to have an option that prevent GnuCash from
*ever* creating accounts without asking for permission, and in the
case of an unbalanced transaction that would involve a dialog offering
the choice of creating "Imbalance-XXX" or fixing the transaction.

It's very irritating that bumping the return key by accident requires
this clean-up task.

Where do "Orphan-XXX" accounts come from, anyway?  I occasionally get
those, but not as often as Imbalance.