Won't start under Windows 7 64 bit.

Gregory Forster fgreg74 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 12:56:56 EST 2011

On 11/20/2011 6:14 AM, Lloyd wrote:
> If I try and run 2.4.8 under Windows 7 64 bit, a window (or maybe two) very
> quickly pop up, and then vanish.  Any ideas on what the issue may be?
>
> The trace file contains the following:
>
> WARN<qof.engine>  [guid_init()] only got 1663 bytes.
> The identifiers might not be very random.
>
> thanks
>
> Lloyd
>
> --

I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium.  I have
absolutely no problem running GNUcash 2.4.8 in either administrative or
non administrative mode.  Actually, I am mostly in non administrative
mode when I run any program, including GNUcash.  What I would do is: 1.
redownload GNUcash from the home web site.  2. Backup (Copy) your
GNUcash financial records to another location.  3. Uninstall GNUcash
2.4.8.  4.  Run CCleaner  to cleanup any stray registry entries for
GNUcash.  5.  Reboot.  6.  Disconnect from Internet.   7. Turn  off
anti-virus scanners, (any other nonessential program running in the
background),  etc.  8. Install your newly downloaded GNUcash.

Greg