Can we merge Gnucash files

Selwyn Bergman sbergman at bmsc-online.co.za
Fri Nov 25 10:59:22 EST 2011

Hi all,

I made a small mistake when updating my gnucash files recently:

I copied my actual gnucash onto a USB drive and took it to another pc at my
workplace to update. Once finished I "thought" I copied the updated back to
my home PC and overwrote the one that was there. Since then I've continued
working on my home PC and processed about a months transactions, and then
realised that all the things I'd done on my work PC is not visible on the
copy on my home PC even though I copied it across at the time.

So I've got some transactions on the Gnucash on my work pc which I'd like
to merge into the copy on my home pc.

Is there a way of opening up a file and selecting all the transactions
within a date range and saving that.... and later merging this file into
another gnucash?

Thanks.