Wells Fargo Bank changes

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Nov 26 16:22:56 EST 2011

On Nov 26, 2011, at 10:43 AM, Jimmy Crossley wrote:

> I used to use Quicken long ago before I discovered gnucash.  I use gnucash to download transactions from a checking account at Wells Fargo Bank.  I am a USA resident.  I do not use Wells Fargo for bill payment.  Recently, since Wells Fargo probably still thinks I am using Quicken, I received the following email.  I am currently using the setup I found at http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/OFX_Direct_Connect_Bank_Settings (Server URL: https://www.oasis.cfree.com/3001.ofxgp, FID: 3001, ORG: Wells Fargo).
>
> Customer support at Wells Fargo, like most financial institutions, have never heard of gnucash and certainly do not support it.  The instructions on their site basically say to remove Wells Fargo and add it back.  Quicken will take care of setting everything up using the latest settings.
>
> Does anyone know what changes I need to make in gnucash to continue to be able to download transactions?

After looking over the migration PDF, I think that you need to switch to these settings:
http://www.ofxhome.com/index.php/institution/view/749

If you're using a recent version of GnuCash and AQBanking, you should be able to select "Wells Fargo Bank (749)" from the "Select a Bank" dialog (click on "select" next to the bank name field in the Create User dialog box) to get these settings without having to input the settings yourself.

Other than that detail, I suggest you carefully follow the Quicken instructions for reconciling via Checkfree (www.oasis.cfree.com) before changing your online settings.

Regards,
John Ralls