Adding Columsn to Invoice

Anshul Narula sunny_delhi18 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 4 06:26:47 EDT 2011

Hi,

I would like to add three new columns to the invoice replacing Description:

1. Product
2. Manufacturer
3. Batch No.
And another column, called "free", stating the number of units which were given for free.

My knowledge of scheme is limited (just read a tutorial). I have been looking at invoice.scm, and though it makes more sense after reading the tutorial, i can not fully understand it. The lack of comments in the code about the functions makes me think that it must be too evident from the code but something i could not comprehend.

Currently, I have edited "Description", to show as "Product Name/Manufacturer/Batch No" (single column).

What i would like to do is this:

1. Add those columns.

2. Use a database for products which contain Manufacturer Name, unit price and batch no. to fill these entries upon selecting the product. I could create the database with sqlite or probably the same way as gnucash does (Could you tell me which part of the source to look at for this?). What i am not sure about is, if i add code for this database in c, how do i use it with scheme.

These are the goals, they are not a big priority. I would add them given that i have both time and the skills required for the task. However, adding the column "free" is needed, so if you could at least help me with this, it would be very kind of you.

PS: Please keep me CC'd as i have not subscribed to the mailing list.

Thank you,

Anshul Narula