Bugzilla

Colin Scott gnucash at double-bars.net
Wed Oct 5 13:15:00 EDT 2011

> Well, something you can do is at least work on trying to
> verify/reproduce a bug

Ah.  Is this a general request for your readers to inspect and report on bugs in their spare time?  (Genuine question!)

> Personally I tend to consider crashers and data corruption/data loss
> bugs to be extremely high priority

I'd probably not quarrel with that - especially any data corruption bugs - although IMHO some crashes, depending on circumstances, need not go to the top of the pile

> and everything else is lower priority.

The implication is that nothing else gets attention until all of the corruption and crash bugs are fixed.  But apparently this is not so, as the Team have somehow managed to produce a several new releases (presumably including new functionality as well as bug fixes) in the past 12 months, whilst leaving some quite serious bugs and design defects and deficiencies unattended to.
Colin