Gnucash versions

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 5 22:01:26 EDT 2011

Foxy--

I'll just note that unless you explicitly installed the lib-dbi backend for a supported database package (mysql, sqlite, postgresql), created a database in the database engine, and then saved your gnucash data in the database format, then you are probably still using the default XML data format. And that is probably just as well. At this time, there is little gained by converting over to the SQL version; several discussions over the last year or so have underscored this.

Cheers,
David